Even as we continue our numerous still-ongoing projects, the Foundation’s scholars are working on making other classic works available to the English-speaking public.
Thanks to the groundbreaking work of the Schottenstein Edition of Talmud Bavli, tens of thousands of people are studying Talmud and understanding it as never before. Now they are thirsting for a deeper, more comprehensive understanding.
Tosafos takes Talmud study to the next level.
The study of Tosafos requires broad knowledge and a fine understanding. By providing background, explaining concepts, and comprehensively presenting Tosafos’ citations, the ArtScroll Tosafos enables everyone to delve ever deeper into the Sea of Talmud. Makkos and Berachos Volumes 1 and 2 are now available; Succah Vol. 1 is in preparation. Dedication opportunities are now available.
The Schottenstein Edition of Ein Yaakov, the Aggadic portions of the Talmud, is dedicated by Jay & Jeanie Schottenstein and family. The elucidation and notes draw upon classic and contemporary Aggadah commentaries to explore the text’s many layers of meaning. Selections of illuminating “Insights” glean these timeless teachings of our Sages and apply their lessons to our daily lives. Berachos Volumes 1 and 2, and Eiruvin/Pesachim are now available. Yoma is in preparation. Dedication opportunities for this exciting new project are available.
Haas Family Edition Zera Shimshon on Chumash and Megillos
Rabbi Shimshon Chaim Nachmani was an 18th-century Italian sage
who was renowned for his commentaries that combine unique textual
analysis with underlying Kabbalistic principles. A classic in its time, it
assured its readers of Divine blessings. Recently rediscovered, the
original Hebrew is very popular. ArtScroll’s translation of Zera Shimshon
is a great achievement, and now this great work on Chumash is being
rendered in English. Dedication opportunities for this exciting new project
Milstein Edition Early Prophets with the Teachings of the Talmud
Early Prophets with the Teachings of the Talmud is a
unique original commentary that allows us to see
what the Oral Torah says about the verses of the Prophets. The original
text of the Prophets and an easy-to-follow explanation appear with
the verse that was cited in the Mishnah, Talmud, or Midrash, profoundly
enriching our understanding of the material.
This work is dedicated by Asher David and Michal Milstein.
All-Hebrew Sephardic Siddur
Following the broad acceptance and success of the
Hebrew-English Siddur Kol Simchah, dedicated by Jay
and Jeanie Schottenstein and family, comes an all-Hebrew
Sephardic Siddur, dedicated by Asher and Miriam Peretz.
Hebrew Midrash Rabbah
The Ryzman Family Edition Hebrew Midrash Rabbah will enhance
the study and understanding of this monumental collection
of teachings by the Talmudic Sages — the
sourcebook of commentary, stories, ethics, and interpretation
of the Chumash and Megillos.
This series is dedicated
by Zvi and Betty Ryzman and family. Individual volumes have been
dedicated by visionary sponsors.
Zichron Asher Herzog Edition
Hebrew Edition of Targum Onkelos
Following the success of
the Zichron Meir English Edition, with the new Hebrew Edition of Targum
Onkelos, those more comfortable in Hebrew will be able to gain a better
understanding of the interpretation of Onkelos and enhance their understanding
of Chumash. The definitive Aramaic interpretive translation of
the Torah is elucidated and annotated in Hebrew, along with notes that
explain and clarify those places where Onkelos appears to add his own
phrase or where he deviates from the simple meaning of the verse, as
well as footnotes that include background information and insights of
This series is dedicated by Yaakov and Beatrice Herzog and their family.
Haas Family Edition of Pele Yoeitz
Pele Yoeitz is an encyclopedia of Jewish ethics, prayer,
behavior, guidance, and thought. This 19th-century
classic was authored by the renowned halachic authority,
ethicist, and kabbalist Rav Yehudah Papo, rabbi of
Arranged alphabetically by topic, it covers themes
that range from philosophy to halachah to practical advice.
This series is dedicated by Yitzchok Menachem and Gitty Haas and their family. Volume 1 is dedicated by The Alon Family.
Wengrowsky Spanish Edition of the Chumash
with Teachings of the Talmud
The Wengrowsky Spanish Edition of the Chumash with the Teachings of the Talmud, first published by the Foundation in English, is distinctive because it contains a unique Chumash commentary, where the original text of the Oral Torah and
an easy-to-follow explanation appear with the verse that was cited in
the Mishnah or Talmud.
This series is sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. Jacobo Wengrowsky and family.
The Elkouby Family Pocket-Size Edition of the
Schottenstein Mishnah Elucidated
The Schottenstein Edition Mishnah Elucidated has
become the most popular Mishnah series in English.
The Mesorah Heritage Foundation received numerous requests from
those using the Mishnayos for class study, programs, camps, yahrzeit
learning, and shivah houses for a convenient pocket-size edition that
contains one tractate per volume, making it practical and easy to divide
the entire Shisha Sidrei Mishnah. We were happy to oblige, introducing
the Elkouby Family Edition Mishnah, a 65-volume pocket-size
set of the Schottenstein Edition Mishnah Elucidated.
The EOM Edition Kisvei HaRambam
Enter the thought-world of one of the greatest Rishonim — and of other great Rishonim who discussed
and critiqued his works. In Kisvei HaRambam, the writings
of the Rambam are translated phrase-by-phrase,
annotated, and elucidated with additional insights. Kisvei HaRambam includes the Rambam’s famous
introduction to Cheilek; the Thirteen Principles of Faith;
essays on the Afterlife, Providence, and free will; relevant chapters from Mishneh Torah; a letter of encouragement to a struggling Jew; and much
Yesod V'Shoresh Ha'Avodah
We are living in a time when most of our fellow Jews
feel that their tefillah should be better.
Yesod V'Shoresh HaAvodah, the authoritative 18th-century
guide to heartfelt prayer and inspired service of Hashem, deals uniquely
with common questions and more. This edition includes a phrase-by-phrase
translation and elucidation, detailed explanatory notes, and a summary at
the end of each chapter.
Hebrew-Only Selichos — Minhag Lita/Ashkenaz
Selichos, the supplicatory prayers recited before and during the Days
of Awe, are among the most poetic and stirring tefillos.
In this Hebrew-Only Selichos, in Nusach Ashkenaz, the tefillos are
beautifully typeset, with clear instructions in English that are easy to follow.
The complete Hebrew text has been reset in crisp, modern type, with
attractive, clear page layouts, in classic ArtScroll style, making davening
a pleasurable and uplifting experience.
This edition is dedicated by the Wealcatch Family.
The Schottenstein Edition
Elucidated Rashi on Chumash
The Elucidated Rashi will be a ten-volume groundbreaking work containing a comprehensive
and thorough presentation of Rashi's commentary
on Chumash. The expanded elucidation is written in a contemporary and easy-to-understand
style, while the notes focus on explaining "what's bothering
Rashi" and how Rashi resolves his questions. A short introduction to each
Rashi provides a preview of the topic to be discussed.
Copious insights contain an in-depth analysis of Rashi's words, the
underlying concepts he discusses, and, where applicable, disagreements
between Rashi and other commentators.
This series is dedicated by Jay and Jeanie Schottenstein and family. The sefarim are dedicated by the Wolf, Dessler, and Ginsberg families in
memory of Mr. Hirsch Wolf z"l.
The Jaffa Family Weekly Parashah —
The English edition of The Jaffa Family Weekly
Parashah series has transformed the way children —
and adults! — study and appreciate the weekly parashah.
Now, following the phenomenal success of the
English edition, we present The Weekly Parashah in
Dedicated by the Jaffa family.
Compact-Size Schottenstein Edition Talmud
The Mesorah Heritage Foundation has begun
releasing a compact-size (7”x10”) Hebrew
Edition and English Edition Schottenstein
Yerushalmi, similar to the compact-size
Schottenstein Talmud Bavli. The
new compact-size volumes are being published
in conjunction with the current Daf Yomi cycle of
Zichron Boruch and Bracha Gross Travel Edition
Schottenstein Talmud Yerushalami
This edition, which slips easily into a briefcase
or carry-on bag, includes every word of the
English elucidation and commentary of Talmud Yerushalmi found in
the full-size edition. The Zichron Boruch and
Bracha Gross Travel Edition Schottenstein
Talmud Yerushalami is sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. Duvy and
Cheryl Gross and family.
These monumental undertakings have been made possible thanks to the generosity of Jay and Jeanie Schottenstein and family
* The Schottenstein Editions of the Babylonian (“Bavli”) Talmud — 73 volumes in the English Edition and 73 in the Hebrew Edition. In the words of Lord Immanuel Jakobovits, the late Chief Rabbi of
the British Commonwealth, it is “one of the most momentous
publishing efforts gracing the entire length of Jewish history.”
* The on-going Compiled about 1,650 years ago, the Jerusalem Talmud has long been the most neglected of our greatest classics. Very complex and difficult to understand, it has been closed to all but exceptional scholars. These new editions of the Jerusalem Talmud, in both English and Hebrew, are opening minds to this basic treasure. Dedication opportunities are still available in these historic, unprecedented editions.
of Columbus, Ohio, and more than 250 visionary patrons who have dedicated Sedarim and volumes, and many others who have become Talmud Associates.
Tehillim / Psalms — a selection for every preference
For almost 3,000 years, King David’s Book of Psalms has been the companion of the Jew — in times of joy, spiritual striving, and supplication for success, health, and salvation.
* Schottenstein Interlinear Edition of Tehillim — This innovative treatment makes the recitation a moving service of the heart.
* Seif Transliterated Edition of Tehillim (see below)
* The Large-Type Tehillim Yitzchak Isaac — Larger Hebrew type, plus the acclaimed ArtScroll translation, instructions, and an abridged commentary. Dedicated by Zvi and Goldie Bloom.
*The Scharf / Diamond Edition Chinuch Tehillim, for Young People — dedicated by the Scharf and Diamond Families. This volume introduces youngsters to the recitation of Tehillim. The type is large, each psalm is introduced in simple English, the lines are numbered, and the binding is reinforced.
Tefillah / Liturgy
* The Classic ArtScroll Siddur and Machzor Series — with nearly 2 million copies in print — have become standard in home and synagogue, thanks to their clear translations, inspirational and informative commentaries, user-friendly instructions, and
magnificent graphics. That’s why we have published a Russian Edition of the Siddur and the Fischmann Edition Spanish Siddur
* The Wasserman Edition of the ArtScroll Siddur — dedicated by Stanley and Ellen Wasserman. This new edition has larger type, a new Overview, and many new features, including laws and customs relating to the Land of Israel, and prayers that are recited at the holy places in the Holy Land.
* The Schottenstein Interlinear Series — dedicated by Jay and Jeanie Schottenstein and family. This innovative series presents the Hebrew text of Scriptural and liturgical works with the translation directly under each Hebrew word — plus the ArtScroll commentary. The reader sees the Hebrew and English simultaneously, and an ingenious patented format helps readers avoid the distraction of reading the Hebrew and English in two different directions. The Interlinear Series includes Chumash, Siddur, Machzor, Tehillim, Pirkei Avos, the Tishah B’Av service, Hoshanos, Megillos, Haggadah, Selichos, and Viduy.
* The Seif Edition Transliterated Series — dedicated by Heshe and Harriet Seif. This edition presents the translation and the pronunciation of the Hebrew in English letters — so non-Hebrew readers are at home in the synagogue. The Seif series includes Siddurim, Machzorim, Tehillim/Psalms, and the Haggadah.
Torah, Nevi’im, Kesuvim / The Holy Scriptures
* The Stone Edition of the Chumash, — with 1.5 million copies in print, is the Chumash of choice in the English-speaking world. Its flowing, inspiring translation and commentary speak to today’s Jews.
* The Schottenstein Interlinear Edition of the Chumash—In both a 5-volume edition and a 1-volume edition, the ArtScroll Chumash is now available in the interlinear format.
* The Edmond J. Safra Edition of the Chumash in French — brings the famed ArtScroll commentary to French-speaking Jews.
* The Rabbi Sion Levi Edition of the Chumash in Spanish — A visionary group of Panamanian Jews, led by David Harari, dedicated this Spanish edition in memory of the late Rabbi Sion Levi, who led the community for half a century.
* The Schottenstein Edition of the Chumash in Hebrew — The ArtScroll Chumash is now available with a flowing, modern Hebrew translation and commentary.
* Czuker Edition Hebrew Mikraos Gedolos Chumash, Neviim, and Kesuvim — with new features and an unprecedented array of classic commentaries on the page. All the standard commentaries, plus Rabbeinu Bachaya and Chizkuni, an original compilation of citations from Talmud Bavli and Yerushalmi on the verses, and an original collection of translations culled from the Metzudos commentary to the Prophets and Writings. Every commentary is menukad.
Nevi’im Rishonim and Nevi’im Acharonim are complete, with Kesuvim in progress. Dedicated by Edward Mendel and Elissa Czuker, this will be the Mikraos Gedolos edition of choice for decades to come.
* The Jaffa Edition Shul Chumash — All Hebrew, clear type, this Chumash, in various sizes, makes it a pleasure to follow the Torah reading and for personal study. Overnight, it has become the standard of its kind. It includes Targum, Rashi, Ikkar Sifsei Chachamim, and Baal HaTurim. Dedicated by Elan and Nomi Jaffa.
*Chumash Chinuch Tiferes Michael — It’s designed for children, but adults love it too. In five volumes, with large, clear type, Rashi in both vowelized and standard editions, and full-color maps, charts, and diagrams. Each volume has a section showing the shorashim (roots) of the words.
*Chinuch Navi Tiferes Rus — It’s designed for children, but adults love it too. Large, clear type, with full-color maps, charts, and diagrams. Each volume has a section showing the shorashim (roots) of the words. Yehoshua/Shoftim and Shmuel are now available.
*The Stone Edition of Tanach—With the full Hebrew text and flowing English translation in one volume, it features an annotated, concise commentary on all twenty-four Books of the Bible.
*All-Hebrew Tanach —the complete Hebrew text of all twenty-four Books of the Tanach in one volume.
*English-only Stone Edition of Tanach —for the multitudes who are the targets of intensive missionary activity. The concise commentary explains the passages that are misinterpreted by those who try to ensnare our unlearned brethren.
*The Weekly Parashah � Jaffa Family Edition —a 5 volume narrative retelling of the Chumash that engages young readers and connects them in adeep and meaningful way to the Torah.
Prophets and Writings Holy Scriptures
What the Stone Chumash does for the Chumash, this series does for the Prophets and Writings. Includes classic Hebrew commentaries and English translation and elucidation.
* The Rubin Edition of the Early Prophets — comprises the Tanach Books of Joshua-Judges, Samuel, and Kings.
The Milstein Edition of the Later Prophets — opens the beauty and profundity of the Books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Twelve Prophets. This series is dedicated by Asher David and Michal Milstein.
Kesuvim, the Tanach Books of the Writings — The books of Psalms, Proverbs, Job, The Five Megillos, Daniel, Ezra-Nehemiah, and Chronicles, are available.
Classic Commentaries in English
* The Sapirstein Edition of Rashi — This acclaimed 5-volume clear and accurate phrase-by-phrase translation and elucidation of Rashi, the “father of commentators,” is also available in a pocket-size, paperback 17-volume set. Dedicated by the late Irving Stone.
* Ramban’s Commentary on Chumash — This 7-volume set elucidates Ramban’s seminal, extraordinary commentary. This edition explains the commentary with unparalleled clarity. The Graff-Rand Popular-Size Edition of Ramban — dedicated by Jacob M.M. and Pnina Graff — makes this masterpiece available in a smaller, convenient size.
* The Davis Edition Baal HaTurim on Chumash — dedicated by Yosef and Edie Davis. The original Hebrew classic is very brief and filled with allusions that were hard to understand — until this extraordinary edition explained it.
* The Kleinman Edition of Midrash Rabbah — This complete 17-volume monumental collection of teachings by the Talmudic Sages is the sourcebook of commentary, stories, ethics, and interpretation of the Chumash and Megillos. This set provides a translation and elucidation, and special “Insights” drawn from early and contemporary Chassidic and Mussar commentators. Includes several classic Hebrew commentaries. Dedicated by The Kleinman Family, this series follows the pattern of the Schottenstein Talmud.
* The Yaakov and Ilana Melohn Edition of Or HaChaim — Work is now complete on one of the most seminal of all Torah commentaries. The 10-volume Yaakov and Ilana Melohn Edition makes it accessible to the English reader.
* The ArtScroll Mishnah Series with the Yad Avraham commentary — dedicated by Mr. and Mrs. Louis Glick. This 44-volume series translates and explains the Mishnah with unparalleled clarity and a wealth of commentary drawn from centuries of Rabbinic scholarship. A pocket-size slipcased edition is available as well.
*The Ryzman Hebrew Edition of the Mishnah — A multilevel all-Hebrew elucidation of Mishnah for the layman and talmid
chacham alike. This new 27-volume edition, dedicated by Zvi and Betty Ryzman, combines ease, clarity, and thoroughness. Everyone can learn at his own level — quickly or in depth. After each perek, there is a review of the halachos as they appear in the Shulchan Aruch. A pocked-size slipcase edition is available as well.
*Schottenstein Edition Mishnah Elucidated — Dedicated by Jay and Jeanie Schottenstein and family, this 23-volume English treatment, with a flowing commentary, provides a clear understanding of the Mishnah, clarifying the concise and often complex commentary of R’ Ovadiah of Bertinoro. This widely acclaimed new series opens a new vista of clarity and beauty. A pocked-size slipcase edition is available as well.
Classic Works of Jewish Law and Ethics
* The Schottenstein Edition Sefer HaChinuch / The Book of Mitzvos. Dedicated by Jay and Jeanie Schottenstein and family, this complete 10-volume medieval classic is presented with unprecedented clarity. The Jan Czuker Family Elucidation of the Torah’s Commandments, dedicated by Edward Mendel and Elissa Czuker, lists all 613 commandments with reasons and a digest of laws.
* The Kleinman Edition of Kitzur Shulchan Aruch, dedicated by The Kleinman Family, explains the “Kitzur,” the very popular Code of Jewish Law. This 5-volume edition also cites the Mishnah Berurah and Rabbi Moshe Feinstein’s Igros Moshe where they differ with, or expand upon, the Kitzur Shulchan Aruch. Also available in a 10-volume, pocket-size edition.
* The Kleinman Edition of Limud Yomi — A Daily Dose of Torah — In only 18 minutes a day, the reader gets an insight on the weekly Torah reading, a Mishnah, a Talmudic selection, a Mussar thought, a halachah, and a comment on the Siddur. Dedicated by The Kleinman Family.
* The Kleinman Mishkan Interactive DVD and Deluxe Mishkan/Tabernacle Book — Thanks to modern technology, this Interactive DVD lets us “build” a virtual Mishkan by moving and assembling vivid computer images of the Mishkan’s components. The DVD visually depicts and explains the Torah verses and shows how everything was made and incorporated into the Mishkan.
Also available are full-color, deluxe, coffee-table volumes, as well as compact-size volumes in Hebrew and in English.
* The Jaffa Edition Mesillas Yesharim — Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto’s classic is the road map of personal ethics and spiritual growth. Dedicated by Jack and Chani Jaffa. Also available in pocket size and in a Digital Edition.
* The Jaffa Family Edition Shaarei Teshuvah/Gateways of Repentance — One of the greatest Mussar classics, by Rabbeinu Yonah of Gerona, is now available with unexcelled clarity. The author was one of the foremost medieval commentators. Dedicated by Jack and Chani Jaffa. Also available in pocket size and in a Digital Edition.
* The Foundation sponsors a host of other projects, including works
of practical Halachah and Torah commentary. An important education
service is a High School Literature Series that teaches literature
and analytical reading and writing skills.
The Sammy Yitzchak Farkas Edition of the
Schottenstein Interlinear Siddurim and
Machzorim Following the Customs of
The Schottenstein Interlinear Series, with the English translation under the Hebrew word, inaugurated a greater degree of understanding of our prayers. These editions are especially designed for our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael.
EOM Edition Derashos HaRan
Rabbeinu Nissim ben Reuven of Gerona’s classic
expositions of the fundamentals of Judaism comprise
twelve discourses that explore a broad range of topics
and address many fundamentals of Jewish belief, philosophy,
and practice. Making this classic work available
in English — translated, annotated, and elucidated — is a valuable
service to the Jewish people.
All-Hebrew Machzorim Following the Customs of Eretz Yisrael
Following the success of the interlinear siddurim and machzorim for those in Eretz
Yisrael, we present all-Hebrew machzorim
with Hebrew halachos and instructions following
the customs of Eretz Yisrael.
There are currently two volumes available in this series: Machzor
Shiras Naomi for Shavuos and Machzor Yemei Simchah for Succos.
Zichron Meir English Edition of Targum Onkelos
Targum Onkelos, “the Translation of Onkelos,” is the definitive Aramaic translation and interpretation of the Torah. Rashi is replete with references to Onkelos. Targum Onkelos is so fundamental that the Sages instituted that one should read the Torah parashah twice and Targum Onkelos once every week (Berachos 8a).
This edition is dedicated in memory of Rabbi Meir Zlotowitz ז“ל . It
is dedicated by an anonymous admirer of his and a generous supporter of our work. The dedicators of each individual volume are Yaakov and Beatrice Herzog and their family, of Toronto. The Herzogs are dedicators of several Foundation volumes. We are gratified that such a distinguished family has chosen to be ardent supporters of our work.
This ground-breaking elucidation translates Onkelos and explains places where Onkelos appears to add his own phrase and where he deviates from the simple meaning of the verse. We place words of Targum directly under the Hebrew of the Chumash text to help the reader master Aramaic.
This magnificent project is now complete.
Milstein Edition Chumash with Teachings of the Talmud
This new Chumash features the text and translation of the Torah accompanied by excerpts from the Mishnah and Talmud — both Bavli and Yerushalmi — that refer to and interpret the pasuk.
This easy-reading adaptation of the Talmudic teachings opens a door to the riches that lie within the Written Torah, and vastly enhances the readers' appreciation for the Torah's precise wording and the relationship between the Written Torah and the Oral Torah.
This work cites Sefer HaChinuch to briefly list each of the 613 mitzvos in the pesukim where they are given.
This groundbreaking work is dedicated by Asher David and Michal
Ryzman Hebrew Edition of the Mishnah
A multilevel all-Hebrew elucidation of Mishnah for the layman and talmid chacham alike, this 27-volume edition, dedicated by Zvi and Betty Ryzman, combines ease, clarity, and thoroughness. Everyone can learn at his level — quickly or in depth. After each perek, there is a review of the halachos as they appear in the Shulchan Aruch. This year we celebrated the completion of this 27-volume Hebrew Edition.
Sephardic Siddur — Kol Simchah
The ArtScroll Siddur has become the most popular Siddur in history and now Sephardic communities have an ArtScroll Siddur of their own. Siddur Kol Simchah, dedicated by Jay & Jeanie Schottenstein and family, has already became enormously popular. It includes: the nosah of the various communities; flowing ArtScroll translation; enriching commentary; Sephardic transliteration; crystal clear, easy-to-follow English instructions; comprehensive Halachah section; Shem Hashem in the Sephardic tradition.
Hebrew Sefer HaChinuch
Sefer HaChinuch is one of the great medieval classics. It lists all 613 commandments with their rationale and basic laws. ArtScroll’s English edition is an acknowledged classic. Now, a team of scholars is adapting it to a 7-volume Hebrew version. Reviews of the work in progress describe it as a stunning triumph in the making. Dedicated by Yaakov and Beatrice Herzog and their family.
Shaar Habitachon of Chovos HaLevavos
The classic Mussar work is Chovos HaLevavos, and the section of
this seminal work that gives people encouragement and perspective
in times of crisis is Shaar HaBitachon, Chapter of Trust. For centuries,
hundreds of thousands of Jews — perhaps millions — have turned to
Shaar HaBitachon to fortify their faith and gain the strength to persevere
and overcome obstacles.
Presented in the enormously popular ArtScroll style — elucidated
translation, commentary and explanations — this new work will be a
forerunner of ArtScroll’s elucidation of the rest of Chovos HaLevavos.
This very important volume is dedicated by the Jaffa Family, following
their dedication of the essential Mussar classics Mesillas Yesharim and Shaarei Teshuvah.